hildhood obesity continues to rise as an alarming health danger in today’s world. The number of overweight kids has tripled in the last 30 years, and an alarming number of American children have developed high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes (as well as other health issues) as a result from their becoming overweight. Recent statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that 32% (25 million) kids aged 2-19 are overweight or obese! This increase is in both children and adolescents and in all race and gender groups.
Gen. Johnnie E. Wilson, U.S. Army (ret.) and Lt. Gen. Norman Seip, U.S. Air Force (ret.) said in a recent release, “…preventing child obesity is a matter of national security” and noted that “being overweight has become the number one reason why potential recruits are unable to enlist in the armed services.”
According to the Journal of Obesity, if we do not find a way to control obesity in the United States, 86% of men, women and children will be overweight or obese by the year 2030. So what is the solution? Weight management programs? More nutritious school lunches? Major food companies offering healthier choices with less salt, fat, and sugar? Healthy eating and exercise programs? Programs for parents to teach them how to make manageable changes that fit with their schedules and budgets? All of these and more?
What about homeopathy? Homeopathy, understanding the body as a complex, connected, dynamic whole, is on the cutting edge of technology. The correct combination of homeopathic ingredients will have a specific and uniquely distinct effect on the key underlying causes behind weight gain and the issues of difficult weight loss:
1. genetically inherited factors of obesity,
2. appetite balance,
3. malfunctioning pituitary, hypothalamus, adrenal and/or thyroid gland,
4. aversion to mental and/or physical exertion,
5. digestive disturbances or disorders,
6. emotional factors that cause children or adults to overeat,
It was discovered years ago that homeopathically prepared healthy organs or glands can relieve disease or disorder and restore healthy functioning in the same organs or glands when given to the individual in homeopathic form–the pituitary, hypothalamus, adrenal, and thyroid (PHAT) glands–which are heavily implicated in weight gain, water retention, and dysfunctional appetite. Using multiple potencies of these PHAT glands modulates and balances their functions, thus restoring their natural functions and connecting many of the reasons some of us gain weight so easily. Many ingredients from homeopathy have been proven to be quite effective in treating obesity problems by enhancing the body’s natural metabolic functions and addressing the above underlying causes.
What about the emotional suffering of obesity? “Thin is in” is the message deeply embedded in movies, TV shows and commercials, magazines, popularity, and just about every aspect of our society. Obesity tends to attract prejudice or discrimination that, in children and adolescents, is often internalized to become melancholy, sadness, timidity, discouragement, feelings of hopelessness, indifference to how they look or take care of themselves, tendency to bottle up emotions, lack of self-confidence, and a plethora of other destructive beliefs. Lifelong feelings of rejection, shame or depression may be the result. There are specific homeopathic ingredients that directly work to correct all of the above emotional factors.
The easiest and most effective way to rebuild our health, both physically and emotionally, is to first restore the communication networks within our body. While other treatments work on a bio-chemical level to support body chemistry, homeopathy works bio-energetically to bring balance to our higher communication networks. Homeopathy balances our energetic communications which, in turn, restores the roots to our bio-chemical functions. As a result, homeopathy restores the inner integrity of our health.
Patients who have issues of being overweight or obese, children to adults, can expect some rapid and astounding results with a properly formulated homeopathic remedy which can specifically address the following:
1. balance the appetite centers in the brain/aberrations in appetite, including voracious hungers to subtle hungers to stress eaters—(hypothalamus),
2. correct peculiar cravings—(hypothalamus),
3. correct genetic, inherited, or constitutional causes of obesity–(PHAT) glands,
4. help correct low thyroid function—for slow or sluggish metabolisms, general obesity, predisposition to obesity, tendencies to deposit fat in certain parts of the body,
5. help with the mental and emotional factors that cause overeating and slowed metabolism—in addition to the ones mentioned earlier, such factors as failing to get satisfaction from whatever you do, mood changes that associate with overeating, introversions that can cause us to run from our problems or go into denial, emotional sensitivities, melancholic tendencies,
6. help overcome aversions to work, exercise and exertion,
7. help heal disorders that can come from the abuses of overeating—provings done from the whole person perspective,
And homeopathic ingredients have no side effects, no negative drug interactions, and no contraindications, as well as being non-habit forming. They are safe, all natural FDA registered medicines/remedies that work to activate your body’s inner healing abilities to quickly correct a vast majority of common health problems.
Homeopathy works deeply within our bodies and offers the safest, most effective, time-tested regime for obesity with its many difficulties and complications.
Frank J. King, Jr., N.D., D.C., is a nationally recognized researcher, author and lecturer on homeopathy. In addition, Dr. King is the founder and director of King Bio, an FDA registered homeopathic manufacturing company dedicated to completing chiropractic destiny with the marriage of homeopathy. These procedures can be used with any homeopathic company’s product line and are so easy you can apply them in one day. Call King Bio, Asheville, NC, at 1-800-543-3245 or email [email protected].