September is Prostate Health Month
by Myrenda Chiu, J.D. (Pg. 64)
1. Hickman, Clark J. Testimony to U.S. House of Representatives Appropriations Committee on Labor, Health, and Human Services, and Education (May 9, 2002).
2. National Prostate Health Month. Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Prostate_Health_Month .
3.Collins, Mary McNaughton MD, MPH, Geoffrey F. Joyce, PhD, Mathew Wise, MPH, Michel Pontari, MD. Prostatitis – Chapter 1. Urologic Diseases in America. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office (2007). http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/statistics/uda/Prostatitis-Chapter01.pdf
4. Clapp, Larry, JD., Phd. Prostate Health in 90 Days. Hay House (1997).
5. Kotkin L., Koch M., Just for Men. The common side effects of prostate surgery. WebMd Feature (Mar. 6, 2000).
6. Anderson RU, Wise D. A Headache in the Pelvis: A New Understanding and Treatment for Prostatitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes (5th edition. 2008).
7. Id. at 451.
8.Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. BPH Fact Sheet. Medtronic Media Kit. http://wwwp.medtronic.com/Newsroom/LinkedItemDetails.do?itemId=1101246094968&itemType=fact_sheet〈=en_US
9.Shoskes DA, Zeitlin SI, Shahed A, Rajfer J. Quercetin in men with category III chronic prostatitis: a preliminary prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. 54 Urology 960 (1999).
10.Berry SJ, Coffey DS, Walsh PC: The development of human benign prostatic hyperplasia with age. J Urol 1984, 132: 474-479.
11.Johnston, Laurance, Ph.D., Natural Prostate Health. http://www.healingtherapies.info/natural_prostate_health.htm.
12. Anderson RU, Wise D. A Headache in the Pelvis: A New Understanding and Treatment for Prostatitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes (5th edition. 2008).
13.Evaluation of an At-home-use Prostate Massage Device for Men with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. Jillian L. Capodice*1, Brian A. Stone1, Aaron E. Katz. Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, NY, NY, USA;
14.National Center for Health Statistics Health, United States, 2008. (with Chartbook Hyattsville, MD: 2009).
Common Sense for Outdoor Activities by Kirk Lee, D.C. (Pg. 16,18)
1. http://www.livescience.com/health/060614_sport_injuries.html. Carey, Bjorn. The Most Dangerous Sports in America. LiveScience. Posted June 14, 2006.
2. www.helmets.org/guide.htm. A Buyer’s Guide to Helmets, Bicycle Helmet Safety Institute. Accessed June 20, 2009.