Chiropractic VS Allopathic Care for Kids
by Dr. Daniel J. Murphy D.C., D.A.B.C.O.
KEY POINTS FROM DR. DAN MURPHY
1. There is a “definite correlation between chiropractic care and superior health.”
2. 94% of medical children are vaccinated while only 25% of chiropractic children are vaccinated (from abstract).
3. 69% of the chiropractic children have never had otitis media [middle ear infection], while only 20% of the medical children never had otitis media.
4. Chiropractors contend that chiropractic care improves the quality of life, stimulates the immune system, and confers superior health.
5. Allopathic health care is primarily disease treatment. Chiropractic healthcare is primarily preventative.
6. 91% of the chiropractic children started chiropractic care by age 1.
7. “95% of the chiropractors considered that chiropractic had a positive effect on their children’s health.”
8. “This study has shown that children raised under chiropractic care are less prone to infectious processes such as otitis medial and tonsillitis, and that their immune systems are better able to cope with allergens such as pollen, weeds, grasses, etc., as compared to children raised under allopathic care.”
9. There is a significant decreased history of antibiotic use among the chiropractic children, “indicating a lower susceptibility to bacterial infections as a result of greater immune system response.”
10. The chiropractors responded that the “recovery period from any trauma or illness by their children was more rapid than that of their children’s peers.”
11. Non-immunized chiropractic children who came down with those childhood diseases seemed to have minor diseases that were not incapacitating. “The hypothesis that chiropractic care maintains the immune system is supported by the observation that, even though the children did have the disease, their lifestyles were not affected and the recovery periods were short.”
12. Comments from medical pediatricians indicate that a number of them believe that, essentially, all children suffer from otitis media and that all children have at least one course of prescribed antibiotics. “These are fallacies propagated within allopathic medicine, as demonstrated by this study.”
13. “This study has shown that there is validity in the premise that chiropractic has a positive effect on the health status of individuals.”
14. The results of this study confirm the benefits of the chiropractic model of health care on the health status of children.
Dr. Dan Murphy graduated magna cum laude from Western States Chiropractic College in 1978. He received Diplomat status in Chiropractic Orthopedics in 1986. Since 1982, Dr. Murphy has served part-time as undergraduate faculty at Life Chiropractic College West, currently teaching classes to seniors in the management of spinal disorders. He has taught more than 2000 postgraduate continuing education seminars. Dr. Murphy is a contributing author to both editions of the book Motor Vehicle Collision Injuries and to the book Pediatric Chiropractic. Hundreds of detailed Article Reviews, pertinent to chiropractors and their patients, are available at Dr. Murphy’s web page, www.danmurphydc.com